Hazardous materials (HazMat) and waste management consulting services provided by Abatech include:
• Testing, analysis and identification of wastes
• Waste characterization and classification
• Hazardous waste notification and manifesting
• Determination of safe handling procedures
• Assistance in proper disposal and record keeping
Hazardous wastes and materials generated in commercial and industrial operations, site remediation activities, or during the abatement of hazardous substances such as waste oils, petroleum wastes, process sludges, heavy metals, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) require classification and proper disposal. Large industrial operations generate hazardous wastes under appropriate certificates of approval and permits.
Examples of hazardous wastes subject to the registration and controlled disposal typically found in small operations include:
• Photo processing liquids from photo labs
• Oils and oily waters from auto shops
• Waste from activities like removal of lead-based
paints (LBP), or
• Cleanup operations in industrial plants
• Mercury and mercury-containing amalgams from
From our base in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), we extend our waste consulting services into all of Ontario and Canada.